Work at Edupath
Edupath creates adaptive learning technologies that empower students to take control of their futures. We’re a fast growing startup tackling some of the greatest challenges in education, starting with the way students study for the SAT and ACT. We have big ideas on the horizon and we’re looking for great people to join us.
Benefits & Perks
- Free Blue Bottle and Four Barrel coffee, every day
- Office across from Downtown Berkeley BART
- Really flexible hours (seriously, ask our resident truant & web dev Jeremy)
- Subsidized commuter programs, including cycling stipends
- Vision, dental, health, and life insurance
- Free acupuncture at the Berkeley Acupuncture Project
Edupath is hiring an intrepid data explorer to analyze and extract insight from the dataset generated by our adaptive learning app. The ideal candidate is a programmer with a PhD in something very math-y and technical, and knows enough about traditional BI tools, query languages, statistics, and machine learning to be considered armed and dangerous.
You will work with decision makers in the company to provide actionable, data-driven answers to our most challenging problems and help us to identify meaningful trends that improve user experience and educational outcomes. We’re looking for someone who can help us ask the right questions about all the data we’ve been gathering and use that information to make recommendations about how to refine our product and marketing to increase revenue.
- Develop scripts, programs, and algorithms
- Set up and pull data from our backend, but be able to communicate with the rest of the team effectively as well
- Create predictive models that improve our decision making process
- Give data-driven recommendations about how to optimize our pricing strategy
- Create and manage a platform that captures all user interactions and provides content creators with detailed analytics that help them optimize important metrics
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Preferred PhD in a related field (Data Mining, Machine Learning, Statistical Analysis or Applied Mathematics) and/or 3+ years in an analytics role
- Fluent in SQL; Excel power user; familiar with database design, marketing automation applications
- Proven ability to navigate large data sets and uncover actionable insights/trends
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking, and quantitative skills
- Experience working with website analytics tools such as Omniture, Coremetrics, Google Analytics a plus
- Experience with Android, iOS, or other mobile application platforms strongly desired
- Prior experience working in start-up environment a plus
- If this is you and you can prove it - we're interested in talking with you to be Edupath’s Data Scientist.