- How We Collect and Use Information
- Sharing of Your Information
- How We Store and Protect Your Information
- Your Choices about Your Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Links to Other Websites and Services
- How to Contact Us
1. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
Generally. we collect the following types of information about you:
- Registration and Profile Information. When you register for our Service, we may collect personal information, such as your email address, user name and password, and mobile phone number. After you set up your account, you may also chose to provide additional information, such as your high school, hometown, gender, address, GPA, year in school, test scores, income range and photo (collectively, “Profile Information”). We may collect billing information if you sign up for paid or subscription services. If you take part in any interactive features of the Service (such as any contests, games, promotions, quizzes, surveys, research or other Service or features), we may collect additional types of personal information. We collect this information online on our Website and on our mobile apps or browser-based mobile service and your actions across the website and mobile app may be linked.
- Messages and User Content. We collect information when you communicate with other members of the Service. We may also retain any messages you send when you communicate with us.
- Information about your use of the Services. We may collect information about your participation and actions on the Services. This may include information such as the features you view, how you use and engage with our Services, how you perform on testing, how you connect, communicate and share information with other users of our Services, your free trial membership usage, your purchased subscription packages and remaining balance.
- Information we receive from social networking sites. When you interact with our site through various social media, such as when you login and share through Facebook, Twitter and others, we may receive information from the social network including your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service.
- Information about others. With your permission, Edupath may access your contact list available on your mobile device in order to contact your friends, family or educators or to invite your friends and contacts to connect with our Service.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, to personalize your content, to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages and push notifications, and with your permission, to share your information with other users of the Service. We may also send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices. For more information about your communication preferences, see “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” below.
We automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our website or use our Service. When you visit our Service, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us to track your usage of the Service over time. We may collect log file information from your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service.
When you access our Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device (“Device ID”), mobile carrier, device type and manufacturer, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
2. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” section below.
We share your information with third parties at your request. For example, our Service provides you with the option to share your information with your parents, teachers, or tutors so they can follow your progress and know which colleges and universities are of interest to you. We may also permit you to share your information with colleges or you may be able to agree to have your information searchable so that colleges may contact you. In some instances, your information that you choose to share with colleges may be considered by the colleges in the college admissions process. We do not share your information with colleges, parents, teachers or tutors without your consent, and you may revoke your consent at any time by adjusting your Settings. Please remember, however, that revoking your consent only applies to future data sharing activities. Any information you choose to share with a third party through the application will remain with the third party even after you revoke consent, although the Service will not share any new or additional information with the third party unless you provide new consent to do so.
If you receive this Service through your School, your school will automatically receive your information and you will not be able to revoke consent for that data sharing.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Other companies owned by or under common ownership as Edupath, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns;
- Third party vendors, consultants and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, in order to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, processing payments, content or service fulfillment, or providing analytics services. These vendors may use your data only for purposes of performing their work for us, and under reasonable confidentiality terms;
- Our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, for example, when running a co-sponsored contest or promotion;
- The public at your request. For example, you may have the option to share your activities on the Service with your friends through social media;
- Other parties in connection with any company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
- We may also share information with others in an aggregated and anonymous form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
3. YOUR CHOICES Regarding YOUR INFORMATION
You control your account information and settings: You may update your account information and email-communication preferences at any time by logging into your account and changing your profile settings. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at team@Edupath.com.
Sponsored Content. From time to time, we may display targeted information from our partner colleges based on your personal information. For example, a college may ask us to show their school to users who fit a specific demographic based on the user profile. Sponsored content will be designated as “sponsored” with a certain icon. We do not share your information with the college, however, if you click through the sponsored content to the college website, the college may assume that you fit the demographic the college was seeking to target on our Service.
Online Advertising. We do not engage in online behavioral advertising on our site and app and we do not allow third parties, such as ad networks, to track users on our site for advertising purposes.
Data Retention: We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Following termination or deactivation of your account, Edupath may retain your information for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. Edupath may maintain anonymized or aggregate information about your account indefinitely. Please contact us at team@Edupath.com if you wish to delete your account.
4. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Edupath cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
5. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Edupath does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as Users. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at team@Edupath.com.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
The Service may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners and others, including colleges and universities, as well as social media sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
7. HOW TO CONTACT US